What’s The Difference Between An Uber Driver And A Private Car or Limousine Chauffeur?
When you hire a limousine company, you know that you will get the services of an experienced chauffeur with your car. While some might think calling the limo drivers as chauffeurs is a marketing ploy, but that’s not true. An Uber, a taxi or a private limo will all get you to your destination, but the difference is in the experience.
A chauffeur is a professional driver with proper licensing, training, and experience to make your ride safe and comfortable. A chauffeur also brings a higher level of accountability on behalf of upholding the car service company’s standards and reputation. Here are some ways in which a chauffeur-driven limousine scores over an Uber or a taxi.
- Licensing: assured proper licensing and insurance
- Age: Age and experience
- Comfort: Comfort of the ride experience itself (speed, braking, turns, stops, starts, etc.)
- Privacy: A discreet respect for your privacy
- Safety: Vehicle quality and safety
- Service: Over-all service level
- Accountability: A professional chauffeur is accountable to be excellent in their job or lose it
Things to Note When Using Uber (Or Lyft) for Airport Car Services
Many people have great experiences in hiring a Uber, a Lyft or a taxi, but there are certain things you should keep in mind when choosing an Uber or a Lyft for airport car services. Here are some of the factors you should keep in mind when calling a ride-sharing car service instead of chauffeured airport car services.
- Age of Driver: Uber requires drivers to have an active U.S. driver’s license for 1 year and that’s why their drivers can be as young as 21 years!
- Commitment: Driving an Uber is at most a part-time job for most drivers as a way to make some extra cash. They often do not have the experience that a professional driver will have.
- Insurance: Drivers must use their own car insurance.
- Car’s Condition: As drivers use their personal vehicles, the condition of the car might not be up to your standards. You might get an old model or a car that is not clean.
- Car Ownership: Uber does not require the driver’s name to be on the vehicle registration.
- Car Quality: When you call an Uber, you can never really be sure about the quality of the car. You might get a car that passes the minimum standards for safety and structural integrity.
- Driver Cancellations: Your Uber driver will not wait for you for more than five minutes at the pickup point. On top of that, you get charged with a $5 no-show fee that you will have to pay to take any more rides with Uber.
- Wait Time: Uber drivers don’t make any money if they stop while on a trip. If you convince them to stop, you will have to start a new journey once you come back to the vehicle which makes the ride more expensive for you!
How risky is your Uber ride? Maybe more than you think!
Saying yes to Uber’s terms and conditions means you are basically waiving away your rights to take them to the court in case of any unpleasant incident during your ride. There have been several instances where drivers have stopped rides for their own purpose, assaulted passengers, or thrown them out of the vehicle without completing the ride.
Aspen Limo’s Minneapolis Airport Car Service Offers True Value Professionalism
When you choose Aspen Limo’s professional car services, you can expect a memorable experience that will make you a customer for life. The chauffeurs of the company are mature, highly-experienced, fully-certified, and well-trained. When you choose Aspen Limo, Minneapolis as your airport car service provider, you can rest assured that you will get quality services such as:
- Well-dressed and polite drivers
- Personal attention to your needs
- A high degree of dependability
- Complete safety during transportation
- Timely pick-up and drop-off
- Utmost privacy for the duration of your ride
- And much more!
AIRPORT ARRIVAL SERVICES
- Call or text upon arrival – Meet your vehicle at MSP airport Ground Transportation (no charge)
- Call or text upon arrival – Pickup at MSP heated Underground Valet Parking – Terminal 1 – Level T ($15 )
- Pre-arranged Ground Transportation pickup – We track your flight arrival – No arrival call or text is required ($20)
- Driver “Meet & Greet” with a sign at baggage claim – No need to call upon arrival ($20)
- Help getting your bags to the vehicle
- Off airport such as at a nearby hotel or a business location (no charge)
- Drop-off at your front door, hotel, business location, your college or anywhere you like by an experienced, professional, well dressed, polite driver
- Drop-off at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN is a regular run for us